Monday, 17 January 2011

A Card for Three Challenges

Good Afternoon Ladies, well sun has gone in and now we have grey dark clouds and the promise of rain so Im not a happy bunny as it was gorgeous this morning, anyway I thought Id have a go at creating a card instead, and came up with this new baby card for three challenges and they are Totally Tilda's "Baby, Baby" (by the way I was lucky to win last weeks challenge, which thrilled me no end) Wild Orchids "Lets Get Sentimental" and Just Magnolia's "My Favourite Things", and Ive stamped this sweet baby image onto white card and coloured it with my copic pens, after which Ive used a oval Nestabilitie die to cut it out, then used a Scalloped one for the mount.
The base card is a 6"x 6" card with a first mount of blue pearlescent card, which I use all the time as its my number one favourite thing to use, the second is the Nitwit Downloads and Ive used three papers from the "Bundle of Joy" set of digi papers, the first being an all over pattern of baby things babygros, pins and bottles, the second paper is a very pretty flower paper on which Ive used my favourite Martha Stewart Doily border punch down both sides, the last mount is a blue spotty paper.
On top of this Ive stuck around the card a blue satin ribbon attached it to the back of the first mount, and created a bow which Ive stuck in the middle, the mounted image was then stuck at the top in the centre, and below is a sentiment I found on the internet about the joys of a new baby, I hope you like it. To finish of Ive used three of my favourite roses from Wild Orchid Crafts, and some pearl sprays I got on Ebay, these were then attached to the top on the left with some silicone glue and punched out fern leaves.
This card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-

9 comments:

Pinkllilac said...

Awe Shirley this is so cute I just love the image and those sparkly wings, perfect for a babe celebration.

Hugs Linda

Janie Printz said...

Shirley this is simply too gorgeous for words. LOVE that sweet baby & so beautifully colored ...I've never seen the Pearescent paper but it's AMAZING. Gonna have to find some as it's a wonderful touch to your little creation.
Hugs, Janie

Christine said...

Hi Shirley stunning BABY creation gorgeous colour combo fab image thanks for sharing with us at Totally Tilda this wk..

smiles Christine TT DT & Girlies xx

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Shirlet, so sweet and pretty, & that's a lovely sentiment.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda for our "baby baby" challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Jane said...

This is gorgeous! love the colour scheme and this image is so adorable! thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia! hugs, Jane x

Susie Sugar said...

Hi Shirley what a stunning card I love the soft lemon and blue together very pretty card
Thanks for joining us at the Totally Tilda challenge this time
Hugs Susie & the TT DT xx

Lori said...

Beautiful colouring and that bow is gorgeous, thanks for joining our Baby Baby challenge at the Totally Tilda blog, we're happy to have you!

Dorcas said...

LOve this color combo, Shirley!! You did such a nice job on it.
Hey, thanks for the sky tip on my blog, you've inspired me to try some sunsets....:-) You know me, I LOOOOVE a new challenge! And if I can make something even more realistic I'm in!
I appreciate all your kindness and advice :-)

Stampin Mindy said...

Beautiful card, I love the stamp and glitter on the wings. Darling.

Thanks so much for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts this challenge!

Hugs, Mindy