Wednesday, 20 April 2011

A Card for LOV and Wild Orchid Challenges

Good Afternoon Everyone, I do so hope you are enjoying the sunshine, hubby and I sat in the garden at lunch time and had our lunch it was lovely now hes gone of to visit his mum whos in the local Care Home, she has dementia. Todays card has been created for at least two challenges Lili of Valleys "Happy Birthday" and Wild Orchids "Wings" and Ive used this sweet fairy with her teddy bear and a parcel. Ive stamped her onto white card before colouring it with my copic and Tria pens, afterwards I cut it out with my No.17 Label Nestabilitie die, I then drew around the edge of the die and then cut it out with a pair of scissors. The sentiment is yet another of the LOV circle stamps, and Ive cut this out with a circle die and mounted it onto a scalloped die cut.
The base card is 6"x 6" white card for the first mount of dark pink pearlescent card, I then used one of three papers from Donna's Bearlymine "Lacey Vintage" papers, the first one has roses on, and on top a strip of plaid paper on which Ive used one of my Martha Stewart Border punched along the edge, the last mount is yet another from the same paper set. Around this strip is a piece of the Wild Orchid Lace a very pretty one and has attached it to the back of the first mount.
I then positioned my mounted image in the middle with the sentiment at the bottom on the left hand side. I then created a rose flower spray (which were obtained from Wild Orchid Crafts) in the top of the left hand corner and stuck it on top of silicone glue with punched out leaves.
This Card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-
http://liliofthevalleythursdaychallenge.blogspot.com/
http://wildorchidchallenge.blogspot.com/
http://aspoonfullofsugarchallenge.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

Linda w said...

A beautiful card again. I love how you put your papers together. another really cute image too. Adore your lace. Hugs lin

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, this is perfect, gorgeous colours too, thanks for joining in with our Birthday Challenge at Lili of the Valley this week, hugs pops x

Stamps and Paper said...

Just love this LOTV image and your card is so pretty


Anne

Cami said...

Hi Shirley! Your card is just so pretty in the pink! That image is lovely and that lace trim is gorgeous!
Love and Hugs,
Cami

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow!
Shirley this is so very beautiful and utterly sweet!
hugs
kim x

Riet said...

So beautiful card Shirley,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Livert said...

Amazing card. So pretty. I love it.

Hugs Liv

Alice Wertz said...

so sweet and beautiful! lovely card!

Marlene said...

Your card is just so sweet and lovely!

Thanks for visiting my blog, and I'm glad you're enjoying the freebies!

Alex said...

This is just beautiful, I love Lily of the Valley images :) x Alex

Lena Katrine said...

Great creation with beautiful colours and embellishments! Thanks for joining us at WOC and LOTV this time, hope to see you again :)
Hugs, Lena K