Tuesday, 8 November 2011

A Card for LOV Challenge - "Bright and Sparkly"

Good Afternoon Everyone, I thought Id better pull my finger out and create a card for my No.2 blog, and here it is, its a card for this weeks Lili of the Valleys "Bright and Sparkly" and I hope they can see just how much I have glittered this image, isnt he cute, I stamped him onto white card then used my copic's and tria pens to colour him, afterwards I used the circle Nestabilitie Die to cut him out, and the Star Circle for the mount.
The sentiment is one of the Polka Doodles ones that I got free with one of my craft magazines, I thought it went well with the image. For my card I have used a 6"x 6" white card with a first mount of blue card, the papers I have used are Donna's Bearlymine Christmas Wishes they are gorgeous blues and beige's and felt they went well with my image. The first being a blue background with white snowflakes on, the second is a sentiment pattern on a blue background again with this I have cut into a 5" square and then used an all around border and corner punches in a snowflake design made by Martha Stewart. The third paper is yet another sentiment but this one has stripes and snowflakes on in blue, white and beige, this was mounted onto blue card and laid down the card on the left, the fourth paper is a blue and white stripe which has been laid across the card. Then I have wrapped a blue ribbon with a sentiment on has been put across the card and attached to the back of the first mount.
I then positioned my mounted image in the centre with the sentiment at the bottom on the right hand side and the last little flourish is the big snowflake which has been punched with several snowflakes punches and layered up and I have glittered each of the layers with crushed glass glitter.
This card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-
http://liliofthevalleythursdaychallenge.blogspot.com/
http://wildorchidchallenge.blogspot.com/
http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.com/
http://trulyscrumptiouschallenges.blogspot.com/
http://craftypurplefrogchallenges.blogspot.com/

15 comments:

Riet said...

So beautiful cardmI love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sarah said...

Gorgeous winter card Shirley, love the image and sparkle x

Marlene said...

Beautiful creation! Love the soft blue tones.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Always love to see your smilin' face there. ;)

vickisunshine said...

Such a cute and sparkly card. Great colours too. Thanks for reminding me that the LOTV bright and sparkly challenge was on! Hugs, Vicki x

Pinkllilac said...

This is stunning!!Shirley, great card and an absolutley fabulous image nice layout too, love the ribbon.
Hugs Linda

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Shirley....great image with the little dog beside him...


Anne

Fleur said...

A fantastic Christmas card Shirley.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at LOTV this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

Nicola said...

This is one gorgeous card Shirley, a perfect take for our Bright and Sparkly theme this week.
Thank you for joining us at Lili of the Valley.
Hugs,
Nicola

Linda said...

So cute - a really beautiful card. Thanks for joining in with the Crafty Purple Frog challenge.

Rebekah said...

Gorgeous work Shirley thanks for using our sketch at SFTW hugs Rebekah xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Shirley :-) the image is adorable and the colours and design are fab :-)

thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card, lovely colour and what a cute image! Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious,
hugs, Marlies

lisbeth said...

Love your card. thanks for joining us at Truly S this week

Lena Katrine said...

A great creation with beautiful elements! Thanks for joining us at WOC this time!
Hugs, Lena Katrine

Sandy said...

Absolutely adore it!
Sandy