Sunday 8 May 2011

A Card for Many Challenges

Good Morning Everyone, Im so sorry Ive not been around for awhile I have been busy but not had anything to post so today I thought Id try and get something that you could see, and as I have a very dear friend whos due to have a baby in about three weeks time, and she is sure its going to be a boy, so thats why Ive created this card, its not going to be easy to change if theyve made a mistake but Im sure someone amoung my family will eventually have a boy. Anyway Ive used this gorgeous Adorable baby from Sugar Nellie, Ive printed it onto white card then used my copic's to colour it, then used my rotatrim to cut him out, the sentiment is one I googled on the internet and has been printed and mounted in the same way as the image.
The base card is a 6"x 6" white card with a first mount of blue pearlescent card, with one of two papers from the DCWV Nana's Nursery "Baby Boy" paper pad, a check at the bottom and a stripped one at the top, then across the middle Ive wrapped a piece of white lace and a piece of blue satin ribbon on top, these were stuck at the back of the first mount.
I then positioned my mounted image in the middle towards the top and the sentiment at the bottom on the right, its a simple card but I hope that she likes it.
This card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-
http://bee-crafty.blogspot.com/
http://catchthebugblog.blogspot.com/
http://onestopcraftchallenge.blogspot.com/
http://cardmakinmamas.blogspot.com/
http://joyfulstamper.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Hi Shirley, I've popped over from Inspire me Fridays - Anything goes! I love your card! I have seen this image before and I think it is just so darling. If only they stayed that way lol ... Beautiful card and gorgeous colors, fingers crossed its a boy! :))

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Shirley, wow gorgeous card! love your colouring!!!

Stamps and Paper said...

Shirley this is such an adorable card...just love his little hat...

Anne

WencheP said...

Adorable card! Love your coloring!

-Wenche

Bee said...

What a charming card and the effect you have created with copic markers is amazing. Thanks for playing along with the Bee Crafty Challenge :)

xxxtglxxx said...

This is just so beautiful Shirley :)

Gorgeous image and such pretty lace and DP.

Thanks so much for joining us at One Stop Craft Challenge this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

A real beauty - love that image! Thanks so much for playing with us at Bee Crafty.

Deanne :)

SAMARA said...

Oh my gosh! This is the most precious card! I couldn't imagine anything more life like. I haven't seen a card like this before...it is simply heartfelt! Samara xox

Sprytebyrd said...

Gorgeous card, love the papers and the lace border is so pretty!
Thanks so much for playing along with the Card Makin Mamas this week! Have Fun and I hope to see you again soon!
Hugs, Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

Jodie Mackrell said...

sweet sweet card! love the image! thank you for joining this weeks Bugaboo challenge at catch the bug!

Spyder said...

Lovely lovely Card Shirley, love his hat! Hugs ((Lyn))