Sunday 26 June 2011

A Card for Sunday's with Santa - "Red, White and Blue" Challenge

Good Morning Everyone, well I did eventually manage to get a card one yesterday, once hubby got home and was able to take over Missy Duty, to be honest she had me up at 2am this morning, I went to the loo and disturbed her so guess what she thought it was time to play, so I had to take her out for a wee in case it was that, then bring her back in and straight back into her bed, turned the light of and she did squeek a bit but I told her off and eventually she settled down again and we didnt hear again from her till 6.20am this morning when she was desparate to go out, hubby came down and he said she rushed around like a looney then did her toilet, so even though it was a bit early for us she did manage to hold on till then.
Well thats enough of that, todays card has been created for this weeks Sundays with Santa Challenges this one this week is the theme of "Red, White and Blue" because one of the girls said it was forces weekend I think thats probably America but it doesnt matter its a theme and thats all the best. Ive used this sweet image I think shes probably a CC image (it turns out its a Sugar Nellie Image) but carnt be completely sure as it one that has been given to me, anyway I coloured her with my copic pens then used some thick white glue for the fluffy stuffs on her coat, hat, sleeves and boots, afterwhich I used my rotatrim to cut her out.
The base card is a 6"x 6" white card with a first mount of red card with one of three papers from Donna's Bearlymine Designs, "Christmas Wishes" this first paper is a red background with a light squiggle pattern in the background then on top Ive used a strip of blue and white snowflake paper and then with a snowflake punch from Martha Stewart punched it along both sides, I then put my third mount on top this is the same pattern as the blue but in a red and white theme.
After I mounted these all up I have used a sentiment ribbon along the bottom to save me using a actual one, and to finish of I have stuck two snowflakes at the top on the left hand side.
This card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/
http://abcchristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/
http://designed2delight.com/blog/

12 comments:

Patty Sue 2 said...

Shirley,
This is a "Magna-Sugar Nellie" stamp. I think she is so cute and I love how you inked her and the puffy on her outfit is fantastic! Your coloring is perfect...even if you didn't get all of your 40 winks!LOL! New babies can cause a few sleepless nights!

Rach said...

a fabby card Shirley, I like how you have added the puffy stuff to the fur trim of her outfit. a brilliant card. hugs rachxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card shirley and just love that image I know my granddaughter would love this card...

Anne

Hazel said...

What a lovely card - sweet image - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 26 - hope to see you again soon x

Anonymous said...

Hey Shirley, fab card and awesome colours too! thanks for playing along with us on the ABC Christmas Challenge this time! hope you can come play again too! hugs Samantha :0)

Shirl said...

Hi Shirley.
Gorgeous card and great colours. As always, it is your eye for detail that makes it brilliant.
Hugs,
Shirl xx

Delphine said...

Beautiful card, Shirley! The image is lovely and I love your snowflakes! Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck! Delphine xx

Barbara said...

Absolutely, positively CUTE!

Cheryl said...

Your card is adorable! I love this image. You colored her beautifully!


--Cheryl--
Stop by my blog to check out my blog candy!

Jayne Hayward said...

Beautifully coloured image used and gorgeous dp.


Thanks for entering our challenge over on ABC Christmas Challenge

Jayne xx

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card Shirley. Fab image and colours. I've loved looking through your cute puppy pics too :o) Lisa x

Helen said...

Gorgeous card!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x