Sunday 28 October 2012

A Card for the Sundays with Santa Facebook Challenge

Good Afternoon Crafters, do you even feel you can never catch up with yourself, well today I think Ive met myself on the way back, after colouring up to images ready for forthcoming DT cards I then remembered I hadnt made my card for this weeks "Digi" Challenge over on Facebooks Sunday with Santa, well I just finished this card when I saw that I had won this weeks Challenge over on Sugary Sunday Challenge, both these Challenges are on Facebook and are great fun. I have been making up cards for both of them for the last year so I was lucky enough to find that I nearly had enough for all my friends and family when I decided to write them up a week ago, but having a few by is probably a good thing as you always find someone youve forgotten dont you?
Anyway Ive used this sweet Penquin image from Funky Kits and Ive printed it onto white card then used my copic pens to colour it, I then cut it out with my rotatrim and mounted it onto a piece of blue card.
The base card is a 6"x 6" white card with a first mount of one of Donna's Bearlymine Designs "Festive Fun" digi papers, the first paper is a blue background with snowflakes on, the second mount is another from the same set and is again a blue background with a white and red check pattern on, for the last mount I have used yet a piece of blue card thats been put through my cuttlebug with a embossing folder. The sentiment is one from my stash and has been mounted in the same way as the image.
I then positioned my mounted image in the center with the sentiment at the bottom on the right hand side.
This Card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-
http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
http://craftyannschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/
http://fussyandfancychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
http://joyfulstamper.blogspot.co.uk/
http://stampinfortheweekend.blogspot.co.uk/

20 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Shirley and such a cute image...lovely papers....and conrats on your win..

Anne

Renee B. said...

Oh Shirley, I love this image...it is so adorable! Your card is beautiful & congrats on your win.
Hugs, Renee

Anonymous said...

so cute- we have the first snow now!
Hugs
Elma

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, I like the adorable image and the papers.
Kevin xx

Scrappin Sista said...

Great Christmas card, Thank you for playing along with us this week at Brown Sugar in the "Anything Goes" challenge! We hope you decide to play along with us again!! Good luck!
Alice B.

Sarah said...

Such a cutie card Shirley, love the image and colours x

Patty Sue 2 said...

This is a darling card. I love the image and your deatails are lovely! Beautiful job!

Pamela said...

Beautiful card Shirley, so cute.

Pam x

Melodie said...

Fantastic card, cute image and wonderful coloring.
Hugs
Melodie

Sandy Trefger said...

Adorable Christmas card! Unfortunately you entered in Digi Haven's Halloween challenge for free digis! Maybe you intended it for the October Anything Goes challenge that ends on Oct. 31st. That challenge post is further down on our blog. If your card is made with a free digi be sure to provide the link to the freebie for us if you re-enter it. Thanks so much for visiting us at Digi Haven and I hope you will re-enter your card or join us on our next challenge!

~sandy
visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.


Hugs Riet.xx

Jovan said...

This card is so ADORABLE...thanks for joining Brown Sugar!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful image! So cute, I love a penguin!!! Thanks for joining in at Fussy and Fancy this week! Good luck xx

Elaine said...

A stunning Christmas card Shirley.
These two little penguins are so cute!
Love the colours and papers, and the sentiment is perfect.

Big hugs
Elaine xxx

Mynn xx said...

So sweet! Thanks for joining us at Digi Haven for our Halloween challenge (I'm sure you didn't link there intentionally--feel free to add this to the Anything Goes challenge!)
Please make sure to link to a free digital image in order to be considered for any winnings! :)

Nicola said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Shirley with such a sweet image and a fab design!
Thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge at Fussy and Fancy and good luck!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Ann Whitfield said...

Awww! This is gorgeous Shirley, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Claire said...

Gorgeous card, love the cool blues and that cute image. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's and good luck
Claire xx

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful card with lovely paper and colors.
Shirley how do you manisch so much blogs and making so many beautiful cards.
This is amesing for my.
Gr Elly

Denise Goeldner said...

Gratz on your win and love the image and card you've created. Hugs Denise xx