Thursday 30 April 2020

Hi to all Crafters, 2 different uses of pencils

Good Morning Crafters, its been at least a couple of months since I wrote up and published a post for here, I seem to have lost my mojo to be honest and just been creating a bulk lot of different cards for birthdays, anniversarys and even Xmas Cards. But I did decide last week after seeing a card created with pencils on craft card that I would give it a go.
Also if your anything like myself and hubby we are starting to get a bit stir crazy having to self isolate and not being able just to get in the car and go of and do a decent shop, I have had terrible time trying to find delivery slots for our food, but luck was in I did find one last night and now have to wait until the 10th May before it eventually arrives, luckily I do a months shop and a time so have enough goodies in the fridge, freezer and cupboard to cover our needs till the shopping eventually arrives.


The above image the poppy is what I saw on the card and the one I decided to use for my own cards
I have also used a selection of pastels for the craft card and for the white card I used polychromos pencils.
The two craft card images I created by using a Heartfelt stamp which I stamped onto the craft card by Crafters Companion and then for one I used just a white pastel pencil by Derwent, and to be honest because I don't have so many colours I used what I have to colour the other these ones are by Creata.
The white card images are a download from Fred she Said and I printed it twice onto the white card which for these two I used card from Rymans, its a 200gsm smooth card though it probably would have been better on a slightly rougher textured one but it worked.
I then used several different pencils by Polychromo, Karisma and Caran Dache Luminance, I love each of them for different reasons, some are waxy and others smoother, its how they lay down and shade.
Now I have to create 4 cards with the images, not sure how I shall eventually do that but I suppose I had better put my designing head on.

1 comment:

Pop's Cards said...

Wow I struggle with pencils, but I so need to master them as they are so much cheaper than markers and last a whole lot longer, I think I am to impatient to stick to it, I make a mistake and get bored and then angry and throw it in the bin...

I always give myself such a hard time, I think all crafter's do this,,, these are stunning especially the Kraft ones the colours really pop out...

Gorgeous work and I am jealous of them :0)

Hugs Pops x