Thursday 8 March 2012

A Card for the Sugar Bowl Challenge - "A Sketch" and Spring

Good Afternoon Everyone, well like my No.1 blog Ive been rather lapse posting anything here for a few days, but today I have a card that I created for this weeks Sugar Bowl "Sketch" challenge and for their Sugery Sunday Challenge on Facebook. Ive used this sweet image of "A walk in the Park" for my card, and coloured it with my copic and tria pens, then used a Hexagon die from Spellbinders, and used a larger one for the mount.
The base card is a 6"x 6" white card with a first mount of turquoise card and three papers from the Papermania "Boofle" paper set, the first paper is a blue background with a white heart on, the second one is a patchwork paper and the third is a brown check one side and dark brown on the other, and I have used this to my advantage on the last three mounts across the top.
I then positioned my mounted image towards the right with the sentiment below, I then popped two Candi buttons on the right top and bottom of the card, and the last thing is the brown leaf flourishes down the left handside with a punched out flower thats been stuck in the centre of the two flourishes.
This card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-
http://www.sugarbowlblog.blogspot.com/
http://createmepink.blogspot.com/
http://mymumscraftshopchallenges.blogspot.com/
http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.com/
http://scrapalicioususa.blogspot.com/
http://stampwithsarahkay.blogspot.com/
http://deepoceanchallengeblog.blogspot.com/

12 comments:

CraftyC said...

Totally gorgeous Shirley and the papers are so pretty
Clairexx

Stamps and Paper said...

Just so adorable Shirley...pretty papers and a great layout..

Anne

Anonymous said...

such cute card
Hugs
Elma

Sarah said...

Beautiful card Shirley, love the colours and that image is coloured to perfection x

Melodie said...

So beautiful, dear Shirley, wonderful colours and the image is so cute.
Hugs
Melodie

SAMARA said...

Gosh Shirley...where do I start! I love this. I want to take my comment back up to the card so I can tell you exactly my reaction and what I love. Hold on a sec while I figure out how to do that! LOL. Duh. Scrolling took a magician! haha. Ok, first your flower caught my eye! I haven't read your writing yet, I always do but AFTER my impression so I may copy your instructions (sorry) - I am maybe thinking it is homemade? If so - GORGEOUS! I haven't seen one like this before. The scroll below it is gorgeous in such a dark color. BOLD and BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the wild use of the paper! the quilt PLUS the other on top and across. You live on the wild side Nannieflash!!!! LMAO. And that coloring of the fantasmo Image...OMG That image to start with - you picked a diller. It is beautiful. But what makes it moreso is the colors. The hair is fantastic with your beige background criss cross. Identical! I love it. And the blues with your blue across your stripe. Brilliant! (gosh, are you even aware of this?) I'd be interested to know. Sometimes it just comes from our intuition as artiste! I love the saying and just the few brads. I don't usually comment so long but Shirl - this is a one of a kind and SO gorgeous in every way - I had to! So thank you SO much for entering SENTIMENTALS. It's a prize to ME for sure! Smiles and Joy, Samara xox Hunny Bunny.

SAMARA said...

Man oh man Shirley, I got so carried away, I meant to say PENNY'S! Geesh...that's what a passion for this art thing can do - mix up your DT's. PENNY'S PENNY's PENNY's!!! Yup - got it! haha

Diane's Card Designs said...

Oh wow this is gorgeous. Love the out of the box technique and that leaf swirl is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at MMCS Challenge this week.
Diane xx
p.s hope you don't mind me asking but where did you get the swirl leaf from? x

Jacilynn said...

now this is cute! love the colors. Thanks for joining us at Scrapalicous!
Jacilynn

Shelby said...

Love how you've done outside the die cut and your coloring of the image is wonderful. Thanks for joining us at MMCS

Shelby

F.T said...

Lovely sketch.


Plastic Card Printing
Plastic Card
Scratch Cards

Patty Sue 2 said...

I love the colors on this and such a fun little image.....much like you walking Missy?