Wednesday 2 February 2011

A Card for Crafters Companion Challenge - "Romance"

Good Afternoon Ladies, Ive already posted on my other blog Nannieflash, but thought I ought to post this card as well on this my second blog, I was lucky enough to win a top three position with my last Crafters Companion Card and was absolutely thrilled at that. Anyway this months challenge is "Romance" and Ive used this lovely Popcorn image with his lady wife and soufle the duck, Ive stamped it onto white card then coloured it with my copic pens, I then cut it out with my rotatrim and mounted it onto a piece of pink card. The sentiment is another from the same set of stamps and mounted it in the same way as the image.
The card is a 7"x 7" white card and Ive used a pink card with one of three papers that Ive used from Crafters Companion Popcorn Romance Cd, the first paper a bouquet paper on which Ive used a heart corner punch on each of the corners, on top of this I have placed a strip of yellow pattern paper with soufle on, this paper and the top one a heart pattern on pink base the heart border punch that compliments the corner one.
Around the middle Ive wrapped a piece of lace and a dark red satin ribbon and attached it to the back of the first mount, I then positioned my mounted image in the middle and the sentiment at the bottom on the right hand side. I then created a spray of roses, cherry blossom and punched out fern leaves which were stuck to the card with silicone glue in the top left hand corner.
This card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-

7 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Hi Shirley, congrats on the top 3 last month. A lovely card for our Romance theme this monht. Love the image and the pretty flowers. Thanks for playing along at Crafter’s Companion. Hope to see you back next month. Marianne x

Joy said...

Hi Shirley! Your card is adorable. Thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

Such a darling card! Love the image you used.

Stamps and Paper said...

Ahhh Shirley this is such a cute wedding card.


Anne

Linda Wescott said...

Beautiful card, with a really cute image. That lace is stunning, love the bold of the red ribbon and flowers against the pink. It is very romantic looking. congrats on your top 3 too. Hugs lin

Patty Sue 2 said...

This is such a cute wedding card. I love the cute image and the way you presented it in this lovely layout!

Lisa said...

Hi Shirley, Gorgeous card! This Popcorn image is adorable and the flowers are stunning.

Lisa x