Monday 18 August 2014

Please give a few prayers for my Yorkie

Hi my fellow crafters you might be wondering why I havent been posting on my No.2 for awhile well its mainly because I had my two grandsons staying for a week, then I had problems with my right eye where the jelly on my eye became detached and tore a hole in my retina which meant I had to have it lasered to stitch it up, but if that wasnt enough this last week my Yorkie Missy has not been very well, shes been quiet for awhile but we put it down to the hot weather, but this last week she started vomiting on last Thursday and stopped eating, we took her to the vets who found she had a high temperature, so they gave her a injection for that and a anti sickness drug, which luckily seemed to do the trick but she just wouldnt eat and really was sleeping all the time.
On Saturday we took her back to the vets who tooks some blood which came back with problems with her liver, and she then gave her a Steriod injection  to encourage her to eat and to hopefully buck her up a bit, she did eat yesterday even rather poorly, but this morning she has gone for more blood tests and a ultrascan on her liver to see how much damage has been done and hopefully find a way of helping her back to better health.
Im so worried for her as she is unable to tell us whats going on, and she really didnt want to stay with the vets but its the only way we are going to find out whats going on, so I would appreciate it if you could keep your fingers crossed and say a few prayers that the tests come back with the answer to her problem.
UPDATE
Ultrasound came back OK so there hasnt been any permanent damage to her liver, we just have to encourage her to eat and keep giving her the steriods and the antibiotics, still not sure whats caused it but it seems on of my neighbours has also had the same problem with their dog to, it starts with the dog vomiting and then going completely of their food and having problems the other end as well, so if you find your dog or cat has a similar problem take them to the vets straight away.

11 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Oh dear Shirley I am so sorry to hear about your problems and of course Missy being poorly...I wil say a little prayer for Missy and hope whaterever it is can be treated

Anne

Sarah said...

Oh Shirley, you must be so worried, poor Missy. I hope the vet gets to the bottom of the problem and can help sort it quickly. Hope your eye is ok too. Thinking of you xxx

Sarah said...

Oh Shirley, you must be so worried, poor Missy. I hope the vet gets to the bottom of the problem and can help sort it quickly. Hope your eye is ok too. Thinking of you xxx

Jacee said...

Oh dear, I feel for you Shirley, such an awful time for you and little Missy, I will be thinking of you both and I hope that everything goes well and she can soon come home, sending you an extra hug, Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

McCrafty's Cards said...

I am so sorry to hear this Shirley, I hope you are feeling better, I am sending healing thoughts for Missy and big hugs for you too
Kevin xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Hugs to you and your poor little dog, hope all is well soon x

Unknown said...

I do hope she gets better say a prayer tonight.
Chris x

cotnob said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Missy is poorly Shirley, good news that there is no permanent damage though.
I hope the steroids and antibiotics soon start to make her feel better.
Pauline
x

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Shirley I am so sorry to hear of the problems you have had with your eye and even more concerning is Missy, I pray that she will be OK and start to eat soon, I know how precious she is and my thoughts will be with you both.
love & hugs
lorraine x

John said...

Oh Shirley, I'm so sorry to read about your problems and I do hope Missy gets well very soon, sending hugs and best wishes
((Lyn))

John said...

Sorry. forgot I'm on Hubby John's computer as mine just won't load xxx