Friday 30 December 2011

A Card for the Sugar Bowl Challenge - "A Sketch"

Good Morning Everyone, I sincerely hope you had a brilliant Christmas, ours was very quite just hubby, me and Missy she had a rare old time opening her Xmas present as youve probably already discovered in the link below. I had a lovely pair of earings from hubby and then he had to put them in as they were the most difficult pair I have ever had and I just couldnt do it myself, I have rather fat lobes, anyway they are in and in they will stay. I also had a lovely terry bathrobe from my daughter and a gorgeous notebook and earings from another of my lovely friends, plus all the gorgeous crafting goodies that arrived from friends with the Christmas cards, thanks girls they were lovely.
Anyway back to todays card it has been made using one of the little Adorables digi images from Funky Kits, isnt he gorgeous Ive printed him onto white card then used my copic and tria pens to colour him, then used the oval Nestabilitie die to cut him out and then used a beaded one for the mount.
Because the challenge asked for home made papers I actually used two pearlescent cards the blue and white and ran them both through my Cuttlebug and Grand Calibur machines with embossing folders to create them both. I also used a piece of seam binding for the ribbon which was attached to the back of the first mount, and the sentiment was one from my stash.
This card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-
http://www.sugarbowlblog.blogspot.com/
http://www.4craftychicks.blogspot.com/
http://audsentimentschallengeblog.blogspot.com/
http://www.charismacardz.blogspot.com/
http://digidoodleshopsbest.blogspot.com/
http://samueltaylors.blogspot.com/

14 comments:

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, love the image and how you#ve coloured him. Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas. Hope 2012 brings you lots of fun, love and laughter xxx

Anonymous said...

so sweet image!
Wish you all the best for 2012
Elma

Stamps and Paper said...

Such a cute card Shirley... A Very Happy New Year to you

Anne

Pauline said...

This is beautiful! I love the embossed pearly paper backing, and the sweet image so beautifully coloured! Thanks for joining us at charisma Cardz this week!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This image is so gorgeous. I admire your colouring and your embossed papers are fab. Thank you for joining us at DDSC this time and good luck.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxx

Marjorie said...

Wow hun!! this is gorgeous, your colouring is fantastic..and what gorgeous papers you have made.
Wishing you a very Happy New year!
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie loving this one the background looks awesome, stunning hugs pops x

Teresa said...

Stunning card Shirley. HAPPY NEW YEAR, hugs Teresa xx

Melodie said...

Hi Shirley, I love the cute image very much, and your layout is so great.
Hugs
Melodie

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card, and a fabulous choice of image. Thank you for joining in the Sugar Bowl this time.
Cathy xx

Shell said...

Totally Beautiful hun, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week, dont forget you can enter 3 times a week..
Shell x

Amy said...

Darling. Thanks for playing along with Aud Sentiments!!

Stampalicious said...

I love your embossing and the shine, thank you for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop, hugs, martina

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Shirley this is so beautiful that image is awesome so is the embossed background, wow, this is fantastic, thank you for sharing this with us at DDSC
Hugs
Lorraine x