Wednesday 8 May 2013

A Card for the Sugary Sunday and Sugar Bowl Challenges

Good Afternoon Crafters, well Ive been a busy girl this week, I found out today that I had to replace a DT card that I had wrongly done and that I have been creating for samples for my friend so its been all go in the Chalmers house, but I did get this card done for this weeks Sugary Sunday "Mens/ Boys Birthday" and "Anything Goes" Challenge over on the Sugar Bowl, and I have used this boy on a skateboard for my main image, and this is from Funky Kits, and Ive had it quite awhile but have never used it, hope you like it.
The image was stamped onto white card then I used my copic pens to colour it, afterwards I used one of the new Nestabilitie rectangle dies to cut it out and a postage stamp larger one for the mount which I have used on some dark blue card. The sentiment is one from my stash and that has also been cut with a smaller rectangle die and mounted on a larger one.
The base card is a 6"x 6" white card and the first mount is a blue card, and the papers are from the Sweetshoppe Digi "Pop and Wheelie" digi paper set, the first paper is a white background with circles and stars on in several colours, the second is a strip in red with a zigzag pattern on and I have used one of the new EK success punch one it and placed it down the middle, then on top is the third paper which is a beige background with several different sized cogs in many colours and this was placed on top of the red paper.
The mounted image was then placed in the middle towards the top and the sentiment was placed down below on the right hand side. And to finish it of I have used three banner epithany buttons and some of the left over paper and these where placed at the top on the left hand side.
This Card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-
http://sugarbowlblog.blogspot.co.uk/
http://clearitoutchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.lovesrubberstampschallenges.com/
http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.craftdoormagazine.com/

11 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Fabulous card for a boy Shirley, great colours and papers.
Hope you are feeling better Now

Anne

Riet said...

So beautiful card Shirley,I love the image and the papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Anonymous said...

wonderful card and colouration is great!
Hugs
Elma

Jill said...

Great boy/man card Shirley. The paper colours are fab. Hope you're catching up with your pickle!
Jill

Penny said...

Wonderful guy card! Love the cool papers & die cuts you chose! Love the image, coloring and design, too! Thank you for sharing this with us at TTCRD. Hope to see you again soon! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Ceal said...

fabby guy card! Thanks for sharing with us at Loves Rubberstamps, I hope to see you again soon!

Melodie said...

Gorgeous card, dear Shirley, I love the border, it looks really great.
Hugs
Melodie

Dangina Martinez said...

So cool. Great image and coloring. Thank You for joining us this week at Loves Rubber Stamps. Good Luck.
Tons Of Hugs, Dangina

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

love this image and the fabulous card design. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Sharon Caudle said...

Great project! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon

Pami said...

Super card Shirley! Great guy card and the papers are perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at the Sugar Bowl this month, good luck! Pami x