Sunday 5 November 2017

A Card for this week

Do you ever feel that things are never going to go right, well guess what Ive had a stinker one it all started last Sunday morning.
I logged onto my bank account to discover a message and after I read it I had to make my mind up whether I would ring up the number they displayed to ask if they would carry on sending me replacement credit cards, I thought it through and decided yes I would as although I dont use it very often as I have a couple of others I like to feel that I have it in case I do need it, also I know if you cancel it with the bank it can take longer to start one again and even as Im a pensioner they may feel it wasnt worth issuing one for me.
Anyway thats when the fun started, the phone number was a 0300 number and of course its one of those premium ones, anyway the first time I rang it in the morning I was supposed to put in a number or I should say parts of it, well I couldnt remember what number I had originally chosen mainly because I use online banking and not phone banking and of course they transferred me to a operator only no one came on, so after 15 mins I put the phone down. Then during the day I rethought it through and couldnt make my mind up whether to bother, and I thought oh blow I will give it one more time, and this time I got through to a operator and you can guess I had to go through a load of things to try to sort it out, well eventually I managed to get it sorted although I must admit I had to go through the whole thing twice before getting onto a voice recognition part, and even that you have to repeat a phrase 3 to 8 times before you get the ok. I just hope I don't have to go through that again, also I will make sure I use the card before its due to be renewed.
The next problem I will tell you after a break.


Todays card was created using Creative Expressions stamps by cutting 3 mounts and using my stamp mount (Crafts too) and keeping them rigid and attaching the stamps to the lid in one corner then turning the card around to fill each of the corners, then adding the sentiment in the middle.
I then put mounting foam behind each mount and then layering them up as shown.
Now for my next problem, Ive been waiting since my original appt in May to have my second cataract done, and of course because of my bowel operation it had to be put on hold, anyway at the end of August I rang a number I had been given to ask for my operation to be put back on the waiting list.
Well on Monday as I had not heard from the hospital, I know that they had a waiting list but when I had my first op done I dont think I waiting longer than 8 weeks and it was now 10 weeks, anyway it turned out that the person I rang in August HAD NOT PUT MY NAME BACK ON THE LIST, and you can guess what I felt, anyway I asked them if it was at all possible I would be happy to accept a cancellation to get it done as the cataract has grown so fast all I can see out of the eye is a fuzzy outline but no details so you can guess what its like when I colour anything.
Well in the afternoon I had another call from the hospital and a more with it person rang and I told her what had happened in the morning and that I had rung to see why I had not heard and she reassured me my name was back on the list, I also told her the reason I rung was I have started to suffer with more migraine aura's and with one duff eye and when they start my other is finding it difficult to see, plus which if Im not careful I can miss the start and so if I dont take my tablet it can develop into a full aura which can take anything up to a hour to clear. I dont drive at the moment mainly because of this and the cataract.
Guess what on Wednesday a letter arrives with a date I was so relieved but I still have to wait till the 21st December but at least its going to be done, thank goodness.
Well now you know my tail of woe, lets hope things improve, but I dont hold much hope I went to the dentist on Friday as I have been suffering with a gum infection, and she put a temporary filler on my plate and that cost £68. and all it was was a plastic filler shot with a gun. I have to go back at the end of the month to see if a more permanent solution can be sorted, I hate to think what thats going to cost.
Oh well see you next week. Hugs to all.

2 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Shirley it has been a long time since I have been to visit but I am afraid I am not very regular on blogger as I used to be. I am so sorry to hear that you are having such a bad time of things but I am glad that you have got a date for the op, I do hope everything starts to improve. Shirley I have been looking at your previous posts and they are all fantastic including this beauty I love how you have done the layers a wonderful make
hugs
lorraine x

Birgit said...

First love your card and I have never made one like this. I tried but it never lines up right...typical me. Your card is full of cheeriness which is what you need. To be honest I would call the card company with the # on your actual statement or on the back of your card just to make sure they did receive the info so it is not some scam. I just have a distrusting nature when it comes to things like this. I'm glad you called and got this sorted out about your health. I hope you can get in sooner but as long as you are back on and have a date, then that is good