Sunday 10 December 2017

My last blog post for 2017

This is to be my last blog post as next week I will be having my cataract done on my right eye and I have 2 more blog posts to deal with before I can take a break from writing them up so I hope you will forgive me.
For the last few days we have had our first snow showers of this winter, Friday it was off and on all day and yesterday we were free of them but we woke up this morning to find a very big layer of the stuff and as I look out of my window I can see it has just started again. Hubby has walked into town to try and get himself some milk and I hope he gets back soon as hes been out quite awhile and the road down into town is rather slippery in this sort of weather. The Forest is more or less cut of in places as the roads are impassable and several trees have come down and blocked them to.


As you can see its about 5 inches in depth and although our dog loves it and jumps around like a spring lamb in it the consequences arent so much fun, we have already experienced a 3 hour power cut and I was just despairing of never get a hot cup of coffee it suddenly came back on again. The house had started to get rather cold and because everything in this house is run by electricity we didnt even have any heat as we dont have a chimney so couldnt even have a fire and we cook with electric as well.
Well to try and cheer myself and you up I created this card with the new John next door dies and Im quite pleased with the end result so here you are.


Well Im going to finish now and I want to wish everyone a very Happy Christmas and I will be back in the New Year, so do take care and keep warm.


No comments: