Wednesday 9 November 2011

A Card for the Just Magnolia's "Anything Goes"

Good Morning Everyone, Ive got to say that Im feeling rather rough today, I seem to have a very sore throat, earache, and chesty cough, not much fun believe me, anyway I thought before I just give in and go to bed I will post a card I started last night. Ive used one of the new Magnolia Christmas stamps and have stamped her onto white card before colouring her with my copic and tria pens, I then used the large Oval Nestabilitie die to cut her, and then used the Crowned Oval for the mount, this was cutout of red card.
The base card is a 6"x 6" white card with a first mount of red card and one of two papers from the First Edition "Christmas Treats" paper pad a patchwork design, on top I have layered up a piece of the same red card thats been put through the cuttlebug with a heart embossing folder. I then used my second paper a heart design on a cream background and used the Cherry Lynn Heart Die to cut it out, I then wrapped a ribbon around the card at the bottom, and then cut out a snowflake corner from some white pearlescent card and stuck in the  bottom left hand corner.
To finish of I have used three poinsettas in the top left hand corner and these were stuck to the card with silicone glue on top of some punched out holly leaves.
This card is to be entered in the following Challenges:-
http://justmagnolia.blogspot.com/
http://magnoliastamplovers.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

A lovely Tilda Christmas card...love your flowers in the corner and your pretty ribbon..

Anne

XxJULESxX said...

oh wow it's beautiful Shirley!

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

vickisunshine said...

Lovely card. Great colours and detail. Hope you feel better soon. Hugs, Vicki x

Pop's Cards said...

Beautiful sweetie, thanks for joining us at JM/HS this week ♥ Pops x

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Shirley, I love all the details especially that ribbon :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful Shirley!! Love all the colors and details!!
hugs,
Chris